Periodontal (Gum) Disease
It sneaks into your mouth slowly, sometimes silently and painlessly, and steals your teeth! This horrible creature, called gum disease or periodontal disease, affects over 75% of adults at some time and causes them more tooth loss than cavities do. Caused by plaque bacteria that attack gums, supporting tissues and even bones, periodontal disease may display warning signs such as:
- Gums that are red, swollen, tender or bleed easily
- Gums that have pulled away from teeth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste
- Changes in tooth position, looseness, separation or mismatch
Diode Laser Therapy provides:
- Inducing biostimulation
- Reducing bacteria in pockets
- Cleanse and sanitize
- Reducing sensitivity
- Lesion Treatment
- Aphthous ulcer/canker sores/herpetic lesions
During your next cleaning ask about our laser therapy to go the extra mile to keep your gums healthier!!
Factors increasing gum disease include tobacco use, poor oral hygiene, family history, especially crooked teeth, pregnancy, diabetes and certain medications. Not to worry – when detected in earlier stages, gum disease can be treated and even reversed. Let Sandia Heights Dental Care check your gums today and help ward off that sneaky attacker!